Parents play a critical role in the healthy development of their infants and young children.
Great Start Livingston recognizes the value and expertise of parents. Our committee supports efforts to engage, empower and recruit parent leaders to Great Start Livingston and the 0-5 movement.
- our involvement with Pii (Parent Involvement Institute)
- providing opportunities for our parents to attend trainings and conferences
- inviting parents to serve roles on our committees
- reducing barriers for them to serve
- connecting parents with community opportunities
- and more.
Parent Leadership Links
Search below for quality childcare!
All parents need the support of good community systems to help themselves help their children. Across Michigan, parents of young children lack easy access to information and resources that will help them be their child’s first and most important teacher.
Parent Leadership in the Great Start System is a continuum of services and supports ranging from parent education for parents in the critical role they play in the healthy development of their infants and other young children, to parents as leaders who advocate for their own children as well as the needs of other young children.